early in the morning


I woke up when it was still dark outside. The frosty air poured in through my window that I forgot to close the night before. I climbed out of bed and pulled on some sweats. Grabbing my camera, I went outside to take early morning photos, something I have always wanted to do.


The fluid motion of the lens turning in my hands made me feel warm even though it was freezing cold. The sun came up in all its glory, and I knew the chill will soon be gone, but right then, I was alone. Just me. Beautiful mornings like this are what makes getting up so early worth it.




I have decided to list things I am thankful every week until November, to help me prepare my heart to give thanks for all the blessings that God gives us.

I'm thankful for:

Figuring out how to make my own blog header
Beautifully messy rooms
Hearing my brother and sister playing Legos
The word "fopdoodle"
50 mm lenses
String cheese and triscuits together
Big dictionaries
iMacs (oh, how I love Apple):)
Picasa (more on this in a post to come)
Prelude to Bach's Cello Suite #1
Sunlight glinting on the walls of my bedroom
Frigid mornings
Knotted flannel blankets that are oh-so-warm 
Snuggling under the aforementioned flannel blankets when it is freezing in your room




What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?
-Abi


Listening to//My Funny Valentine-Kristen Chenowith and Joshua Bell

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I love your photos of pumpkins too! You have incredible talent, wow!

    ReplyDelete