in the stillness


It's so quiet here. Except for an art class this morning, and my heavenly little escape from troubles in the form of a viola lesson, my quiet little world has been relatively undisturbed.

I need this time.

The time that screams rest and time to catch up on school that really should have been done three days ago.
Time to get my thoughts in order because the simple truth is, my mind gets scrambled from the tiniest little thing.
Time to finish up my chemistry homework that I did not realize was due tomorrow. *hides*
Time to think back on today and evaluate my attitude and my thoughts.
Time is so precious. It is the thing I need desperately but don't have enough of. You know that sinking feeling where it hits you that there really aren't enough hours in the day and I can't do my schoolwork, my chores, read my Bible, have enough strength to be kind to my sister and live to tell about it?


Yeah, well, I have had one too many of those days. More than I'd like to admit.

But I have to keep reminding myself that a nail is not driven into wood by hitting it with a flower or a cuddly teddy bear.

A nail is driven deep by the constant pounding of a heavy hammer.

I need constant pounding for the nails of God's grace to be driven deep. 


That's what living deeper is all about. That's what I want for my year, and for the rest of my life. It hurts. A lot. The nails need to be driven deep, so that the building will come together. I may be sore for a little while, but I know the nails will hold in the storm.

Deeper. God, take me deeper.




xoxo,
--Abi

3 comments:

  1. I've been saying the same thing my dear; so I can definitely relate. Beautifully written. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Now off to find some tissue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abi! I love you and miss you!! :) :) :) Love your blog! Call me sometime! I'd love to talk to you :)

    ReplyDelete