a letter

Dear Abi,

Summer is almost here! Hard to believe, isn't it? You've grown so much: spiritually, physically, and mentally.
I know it's hard for you to think about anything right now.....but don't forget the little things.

You know, the little things your sister says that make you laugh.
You know, soaking up the spring sunshine.
You know, taking time to talk to your mom.
You know, rough-housing with your brother.
You know, playing board games with your dad.

You know, all those little things you inevitably miss if you aren't careful.
Don't lose the chance to enjoy those moments. They'll be gone before you can say "college."

Make the most of your summer, dear. Live life to the fullest, and don't be afraid to slow down. The school will get done, I promise.

Go journal, read, photograph to your heart's content. Swim with your sister before the summer hits too hard. Don't stress about the French exam and that last, dreadful paper. Talk with your brother about books. Live more.

Love ya dear. You're gonna do great.

xoxo,
--Abi

9 comments:

  1. such a sweet letter.(: and these are absolutely gorgeous pictures!
    great post, dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so lucky today that I was able to read your post which gives me a lot of ideas that I’ve been looking for. Excellent letter! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some Purty pictures. I like them.
    r

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post... lovely letter.. so optimistic (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a really nice letter; great pictures!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I,ve just discovered your blog and I,m so fascinated by your posts, by your writing and pictures that are really stunning! I so much love the dreamy bokeh...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these photos. The bokeh, the flowers, and the little brown buds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!Very pretty letter.Very sweet.Simply adorable!
    cv

    ReplyDelete