le dernier jour et le nouvel an

If you've been around here for a bit, you'll know that I don't like to be cliché. Blame it on Tumblr.

I've never liked being ordinary. I like to dress different, act different, and speak different than other people. I'm always looking for a new and better way to do something. It's a blessing and a curse, I can assure you.

But this year, I'm not making any resolutions. And I promise it does not come from a wish to be different. Life happens without fail every single year, and my resolutions are inevitably dashed. It's a bit discouraging and wearing.

So I'm approaching the new year with a fresh mind that isn't tied down to what I want or feel I should accomplish. Not to say I don't have goals, but I want this year to happen as it happens. I want to have a beautiful year that isn't defined by whether or not I exercised every day and filled up a journal and "bettered myself" and ate healthier. I want this to be a year that is defined by continual stepping out of my comfort-zone, starting with making no resolutions, which is ironic and still a bit of a scary and new thought to me. 
Have a lovely December 31, 2012. It's the only December 31, 2012 you'll ever have. Blessings and peace as you welcome in the New Year.

xx

7 comments:

  1. beautiful, Abi, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful words, abi. seriously, we really need to stop procrastinating and meet up or something, and SOON. k? k. happy 2013, sweet girl. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! I do make resolutions, but they're mainly a list of goals I'd like to see myself do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Abi!
    I made no resolutions too, you never know where life will take you and what happens tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy new year :) love this post so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Found you via Instagram (thanks for the follow request!). Lovely blog, and I mean this in the most admirable way possible: I can scarcely believe you're entering senior year, your way of writing is so fresh and deep and mature, I would have sworn we were the same age!

    I hope your year has been manifesting in the way you hoped it would when you wrote this...I love the sentiment of this post and will be adopting the same for myself come December 31, 2013 ;).

    Xx

    ReplyDelete