that story of when we swung on the swingset

Remember that time we swung on the swingset after taking senior pictures? The time when we had to put my camera on manual focus and when we laughed and the sun was streaking in rainbow flares across our lenses and you said I didn't look right without a smile and I giggled inside because people know me as the girl who always has a smile on her face. And then we went to real Chinese food where we said ni hao and xie xie ni and sai jien. And we laughed because it seemed we were back in China, with the kids and our family and the people we grew to love and talked about late at night. And it made me miss all my friends the more and skyping and editing and laughing and peach cobbler ice cream and don't forget the numbing spice. I miss you, friend. Come back and visit soon.

8 comments:

  1. Memories of fun times spent with good friends are the best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me smile. memories made with best friends are the spice of life. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. :) Glad you girls had fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks like so much fun, Abi! i love the pictures, and your words are so... real. so full of life, and fun, and laughter, and reality. :) love this, girl! best friends are so special. {by the way, you are both so gorgeous. seriously.}

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this! I haven't swung on the swings in a long time....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like so much fun. You guys are so cute! Love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your writing, and those pictures are lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww! i missed this until now. so much fun. i miss you, darlin'. we'll do it again soon. <3

    ReplyDelete