banana muffins and food photography {a guest post by katie}

This banana muffin recipe has been a family favorite for quite a while. They always fill the kitchen+dining room with a sense of home, and often times attract my family to see what smells so good. I love making them. I also love taking pictures of them- and food in general. I've found the best way to photograph food is-
a) use natural light, and 
b) use natural light. 
Incandescent and florescent ruins a food photograph, and I mean ruins it. I normally use our prettiest dishes, set them on a solid surface, and get it as close to the window as possible. This = normal looking food.






Ingredients:


>>2 cups of sugar.
>>1 cup of softened butter.
>>5 eggs.
>>2 cups of flour.
>>6 tbs. of milk.
>>2 tsp. of baking soda.
>>1 1/2 cups of ripe bananas, mushed. *4 average sized*

Directions:


>>Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
>>Mix all ingredients into a bowl. *Don't over-mix*
>>Distribute into well greased or floured muffin pan.
>>Bake 13min. for 24 small muffins // Bake 17min. for 12 large muffins.

>>Happy Monday lovelies.

6 comments:

  1. Those pictures are delicious! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the photography tips! i'm SO making these...

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUch simple ingredients. I LOVE recipes like that. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this muffins and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh they look absolutely gorgeous and i think i will definitely be attempting to make these at the weekend, i will also be hitting the follow button when this comment has been posted.

    http://lucyclaire7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete